Milton racer scores at Riverside Speedway
STE-CROIX, Qué. -- Brent Dragon made a little history on Saturday night by becoming the first American driver to earn a Série ACT-Castrol victory, taking down the Riverside 100 at Riverside Speedway near Québec City.
Dragon, of Milton, won an ACT Late Model Tour event at the 5/8-mile oval formerly known as Circuit Ste-Croix, in 2003. His victory on Saturday makes him the tenth qualifier for the inaugural ACT Invitational at the 1-mile New Hampshire Motor Speedway in Loudon, N.H. this September.
Twenty year-old Patrick Hamel of St-Édouard-de-Lotbinière, Qué., the 2008 Castrol Rookie of the Year, finished a career-best second, with Terrebonne, Qué. veteran Martin Lacombe third. Sylvain Lacombe and Éric St-Gelais were fourth and fifth, respectively.
Trampas Demers finished sixth, unofficially; the South Burlington driver wrecked hard on the final lap en route to finishing fifth at Thunder Road in Barre on Friday night.
UNOFFICIAL RESULTS -- Riverside 100
Série ACT-Castrol -- Riverside Speedway, Ste-Croix, Qué.
Saturday, June 20, 2009
Pos.-Driver-Hometown (# - denotes rookie)
1. Brent Dragon, Milton
2. Patrick Hamel, St-Édouard-de-Lotbinière, Qué.
3. Martin Lacombe, Terrebonne, Qué.
4. Sylvain Lacombe, Terrebonne, Qué.
5. Éric St-Gelais, St-Nicolas, Qué.
6. Trampas Demers, South Burlington
7. Jean-François Déry, Québec, Qué.
8. Patrick Laperle, St-Denis-sur-Richelieu, Qué.
9. Donald Theetge, Boischatel, Qué.
10. #Pierre-Luc Ouellette, Terrebonne, Qué.